Boston Slip & Fall Lawyer
We Handle Slip and Fall Accident Claims in Boston and Throughout Massachusetts
At Turco Legal, our Boston slip and fall lawyers have the legal expertise to help victims and families get justice and the maximum compensation for their injuries. If you or your loved one was hurt in a slip and fall or trip and fall caused by unreasonably unsafe conditions on someone else’s property, we are here to help. To set up a free and confidential consultation with a top Massachusetts slip and fall accident attorney, contact our Boston law office at (617) 657-4878.
Slip and Fall Accident: Type of Premises Liability Claim
Slips, trips, and falls are among the most common causes of injuries. The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) cites data showing that approximately one million people seek professional medical care for slip and fall injuries each year. A slip and fall accident is a type of premises liability claim. Under Massachusetts law, businesses and property owners have a legal responsibility to ensure that their property is safe for visitors. If they fail to do so and someone is injured, they may be held liable for the accident, including a slip and fall accident.
What to Do If You Are Hurt in a Slip and Fall in Massachusetts
A slip and fall accident can happen when you least expect it. A serious accident can be confusing, chaotic, and altogether overwhelming. Here are four key steps that you should take to protect your rights and your interests after a slip and fall in Boston:
- Seek immediate medical attention. Medical needs always come first—and you need to see a doctor to bring a personal injury claim.
- Document the slip and fall. As these are fault-based legal cases, you will want to have as much evidence as possible.
- Report the accident. A slip and fall accident should be reported to authorities in a timely manner.
- Consult with a lawyer. An experienced Boston slip and fall accident lawyer will protect your rights and your interests.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents?
Slips, trips, and falls can occur for a wide range of reasons. It is crucial that all slip and fall accidents in Massachusetts are carefully investigated to determine exactly what happened. Some of the most common causes of these types of accidents include the following.
- Wet Floors: May be caused by spills, leaks, or poor cleaning practices.
- Uneven Surfaces: Can include cracked or broken pavement, raised or uneven flooring, or poorly maintained stairs.
- Obstructions: Common obstructions include clutter, boxes, or debris that block walkways or make it difficult to see hazards.
- Poor Lighting: Poor lighting often makes it challenging for people to see hazards, such as steps or obstacles, and can increase the risk of a slip and fall accident.
- Defective Equipment: Can include broken handrails, loose carpeting, malfunctioning elevators, etc.
Massachusetts Law: An Overview of Slip and Fall Accident Liability
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident in Boston, it is important that you know how the claims process works under Massachusetts law. Here are some of the key things to understand about slip and fall accident liability in this state.
- Businesses and Property Owners Have a Duty to Take Proper Care: Under the Massachusetts premises liability laws, property owners and property occupiers (businesses) owe a duty of care to customers and other guests. This includes preventing and removing many slip and fall hazards.
- Slip and Fall Claims Are Fault-Based Legal Cases: In Massachusetts, a business or property owner is not automatically liable for a slip and fall accident that occurs on their premises. Injured victims must prove fault in order to establish liability. Fault is based on negligence.
- A Three-Year Statute of Limitations for Slip and Fall Claims: Under Massachusetts law, there is a limited amount of time to file a slip and fall accident claim. Generally, you must initiate your claim within three years of the accident. Consult with a Boston slip and fall accident lawyer right away.
How to Maximize Your Compensation for a Slip and Fall Accident Injury
Were you injured in a slip and fall in Massachusetts? If so, it is imperative that you secure the full and proper financial compensation in order to pay bills and support your family. At Turco Legal, our Boston slip and fall accident lawyers fight tirelessly to help injured victims maximize their financial compensation. In addition to other types of damages, you may be able to recover for:
- Ambulance costs and other emergency medical expenses;
- Hospital bills and other health care costs;
- Physical therapy and psychological counseling;
- Lost wages and diminished earning potential;
- Pain and suffering, and mental anguish; and,
- Long-term disability.
Why Rely on Our Boston Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
A slip and fall accident can result in severe and life-changing injuries. Victims must be able to effectively navigate the claims process so that they can secure the compensation needed to put the pieces back together. At Turco Legal, we are proactive, justice-driven advocates for injured victims. Our firm takes on all types of slip and fall claims. When you contact our Boston law office, you will connect with a Massachusetts premises liability attorney who can:
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential review of your slip and fall accident case;
- Investigate the accident—gathering the evidence to prove liability and damages; and,
- Develop a personalized strategy to maximize your slip and fall accident compensation.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a Top Boston Slip and Fall Accident Attorney
At Turco Legal, our Boston lawyers are skilled and experienced advocates for injured victims and their families. Call us now at (617) 657-4878 or send us a direct message for your free initial consultation. With a law office in Boston, we represent slip and fall accident victims throughout Massachusetts.