- Massachusetts (2007)
- Brandeis University (2000)
- Massachusetts School of Law (2006)
- “40 Under 40” award recipient, Worcester Business Journal (2018)
- “Excellence in the Law” award recipient, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association (2016)
- Academic Leadership Academy member, Pennsylvania State University (2018)
- Civic Education and Engagement Committee, Massachusetts Bar Association (2018 – present)
- Education Committee, Massachusetts Bar Association (2012 – 2014)
Ursula Furi-Perry, Esq.
As a research attorney at Turco Legal, Attorney Ursula Furi-Perry works tirelessly to ensure that the Turco Legal team remains at the cutting-edge of the law. Attorney Furi-Perry has been licensed to practice law in Massachusetts since 2007 and focuses her practice on appellate work, divorce, custody and other domestic relations matters.
In 2016, Attorney Furi-Perry was recognized as an “Up-and-Coming Excellence in the Law” honoree by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Leading Role in Academia
In addition to being an integral member of the Turco Legal team, Attorney Furi-Perry also serves as the Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Becker College. Prior to her role as Dean, Attorney Furi-Perry’s role at Beck College was that of Assistant Dean and Coordinator of the Criminal Justice program. Further, she joined Becker College after serving as Director of Academic Excellence and adjunct professor at the Massachusetts School of Law.
For over a decade, Attorney Furi-Perry has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in law, paralegal studies, criminal justice and government. She has teaching positions at various institutions, including Becker College, the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, the Center for Legal Studies, Bridgewater State University, and Northern Essex Community College.
Exceptional Researcher and Published Legal Author
Attorney Furi-Perry is a published legal author with outstanding research and writing skills. Her work has been published by Law.com, American Lawyer Media, the American Bar Association, LawCrossing.com, Legal Assistant Today, and several of the Boston Herald’s community publications.
Attorney Furi-Perry is also the author of the several books. Those books include:
- 50 Legal Careers for Non-Attorneys (American Bar Association Publishing, 2008);
- 50 Unique Legal Paths: Finding the Right Job (American Bar Association Publishing, 2009);
- Law School Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2009);
- Trial Prep for Paralegals (co-author, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2009);
- Your First Year as a Lawyer Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2010);
- Trial Prep for the New Advocate (co-author, Lexis-Nexis/the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2011);
- The Legal Assistant’s Complete Desk Reference (American Bar Association Publishing, 2011);
- The Millennial Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing, 2012);
- The Little Book of Fashion Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013);
- The Little Book of Holiday Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013);
- Constitutional Law for Kids (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014);
- Social Media Law: Cases and Problems (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014); and,
- Going to Court (American Bar Association Publishing, 2015).
Attorney Furi-Perry actively participates in and frequent speaks at various events hosted by bar associations, paralegal associations, schools and other professional organizations. Her speaking engagements have included the following:
- Speaker, 8th Circuit Judicial Conference, Des Moines, Iowa, 2018;
- Presenter, International Organization of Social Sciences and Behavioral Research Conference, Boca Raton, Florida, 2018;
- Speaker, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, annual national conference, Boston, 2017;
- Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism Course, 2015;
- Speaker, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, Social Media Law webinar, 2015;
- Panelist, University of Virginia School of Law, Future of Fashion Law Conference, 2014;
- Keynote Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Paralegal Conference, 2009/2012;
- Chair and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Creative Ways Conference, 2009/2011;
- Organizer and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyer Career Conference, 2009/2010;
- Guest, Sirius XM Talk Radio, The Legal Pad, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016; and,
- Guest, iTunes podcast Killer Legal Reality Radio, 2015.
Attorney Furi- Perry has also been quoted by various publications, including the Wall Street Journal Law Blog, Law360, and American Lawyer Magazine.
To learn more about the firm or how Attorney Ursula Furi-Perry can assist in your matter, call us today at (866) 995-6663 to schedule a free attorney consultation.