- Massachusetts (2007)
- Brandeis University (2000)
- Massachusetts School of Law (2006)
Recognized as a 2018 “40 Under 40” award recipient by Worcester Business Journal.
Awarded the 2016 “Excellence in the Law” honor by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Member of the 2018 Academic Leadership Academy class at Pennsylvania State University.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Member, Civic Education and Engagement Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Association, 2018-present
Member, Education Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Association, 2012-2014.
Ursula Furi-Perry, Esq.
Attorney Furi-Perry is not only an integral member of the Turco Legal team, but also serves as Dean of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences at Becker College. Prior to that, she served in previous positions as Assistant Dean and Coordinator of the Criminal Justice program. For over a decade, she has taught undergraduate and graduate courses in law, paralegal studies, criminal justice, and government at a number of institutions, including Becker College, the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, the Center for Legal Studies, Bridgewater State University, and Northern Essex Community College. Dean Furi-Perry came to Becker after serving as Director of Academic Excellence and adjunct professor at the Massachusetts School of Law.
Dean Furi-Perry’s writing has been published by Law.com, American Lawyer Media, the American Bar Association, LawCrossing.com, Legal Assistant Today, and several of the Boston Herald’s community publications. She is the author of the following books:
- 50 Legal Careers for Non-Attorneys (American Bar Association Publishing, 2008).
- 50 Unique Legal Paths: Finding the Right Job (American Bar Association Publishing, 2009).
- Law School Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2009).
- Trial Prep for Paralegals (co-author, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2009).
- Your First Year as a Lawyer Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2010).
- Trial Prep for the New Advocate (co-author, Lexis-Nexis/the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2011).
- The Legal Assistant’s Complete Desk Reference (American Bar Association Publishing, 2011).
- The Millennial Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing, 2012).
- The Little Book of Fashion Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013).
- The Little Book of Holiday Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013).
- Constitutional Law for Kids (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014).
- Social Media Law: Cases and Problems (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014).
- Going to Court (American Bar Association Publishing, 2015).
As a practicing attorney, Dean Furi-Perry focuses her practice on appellate work, divorce, custody, and other domestic relations matters. She has been licensed in Massachusetts since 2007. She was recognized as a 2016 Up-and-Coming Excellence in the Law Honoree by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association.
Dean Furi-Perry actively participates in and speaks frequently to bar associations, paralegal associations, schools, and other organizations about professional topics of interest to attorneys, legal professionals, and students, including:
- Speaker, 8th Circuit Judicial Conference, Des Moines, Iowa, 2018.
- Presenter, International Organization of Social Sciences and Behavioral Research Conference, Boca Raton, Florida, 2018.
- Speaker, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, annual national conference, Boston, 2017.
- Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism Course, 2015.
- Speaker, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, Social Media Law webinar, 2015.
- Panelist, University of Virginia School of Law, Future of Fashion Law Conference, 2014.
- Keynote Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Paralegal Conference, 2009/2012.
- Chair and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Creative Ways Conference, 2009/2011.
- Organizer and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyer Career Conference, 2009/2010.
- Guest, Sirius XM Talk Radio, The Legal Pad, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Guest, iTunes podcast Killer Legal Reality Radio, 2015.
- Quoted by various publications, including the Wall Street Journal Law Blog, Law360, and American Lawyer Magazine.