Ursula Furi-Perry, Esq.
Attorney Ursula Furi-Perry focuses her practice on divorce, custody, and other domestic relations matters. She has been licensed in Massachusetts since 2007. Attorney Furi-Perry graduated from Brandeis University with a degree in Politics and American Studies and received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, where she graduated at the top of her class.
Attorney Furi-Perry was recognized as a 2016 Up-and-Coming Excellence in the Law Honoree by Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and the Massachusetts Bar Association. Attorney Furi-Perry resides in Andover and is actively involved in the community. She greatly enjoys spending her time helping Andover’s schools and students, and she currently serves as President of the Parent Advisory Council at Wood Hill Middle School.
Attorney Furi-Perry’s research and writing plays both an important role in the firm and has been recognized repeatedly by the legal community. She’s been published by Law.com, American Lawyer Media, the American Bar Association, LawCrossing.com, Legal Assistant Today, and several of theBoston Herald‘s community publications. She is the author of the following books:
- 50 Legal Careers for Non-Attorneys (American Bar Association Publishing, 2008)
- 50 Unique Legal Paths: Finding the Right Job (American Bar Association Publishing, 2009)
- Law School Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2009)
- Trial Prep for Paralegals (co-author, the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2009)
- Your First Year as a Lawyer Revealed (Jist Publishing, 2010)
- Trial Prep for the New Advocate (co-author, Lexis-Nexis/the National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2011)
- The Legal Assistant’s Complete Desk Reference (American Bar Association Publishing, 2011)
- The Millennial Lawyer (American Bar Association Publishing, 2012)
- The Little Book of Fashion Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013)
- The Little Book of Holiday Law (American Bar Association Publishing, 2013)
- Constitutional Law for Kids (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014)
- Social Media Law: Cases and Problems (American Bar Association Publishing, 2014)
- Going to Court (American Bar Association Publishing, 2015)
Attorney Furi-Perry actively participates in and speaks frequently to bar associations, paralegal associations, schools, and other organizations about professional topics of interest to attorneys and paralegals, including:
- Keynote Speaker, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Paralegal Conference, 2009 and 2012.
- Chair and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Creative Ways Conference, 2009 and 2011.
- Organizer and Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Young Lawyer Career Conference, 2009 and 2010.
- Panelist, University of Virginia School of Law, Future of Fashion Law Conference, 2014.
- Speaker, Massachusetts Bar Association, Practicing with Professionalism Course, 2015 and 2016.
- Speaker, American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants, Social Media Law seminar, 2015.
- Guest, Sirius XM Talk Radio, The Legal Pad, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
- Guest, iTunes podcast Killer Legal Reality Radio, 2015.
- Quoted by various publications, including the Wall Street Journal Law Blog, Law360, and American Lawyer Magazine.
Attorney Furi-Perry has also taught numerous undergraduate and graduate law and paralegal courses at the Massachusetts School of Law at Andover, the Center for Legal Studies, Bridgewater State University, and Northern Essex Community College. She is an avid runner and is training to run her third marathon.