Andover Divorce Lawyer
At Turco Legal, our Andover divorce lawyers have a deep understanding of the importance of family stability, financial stability, and personal stability. Going through a divorce is never easy—there are many complex issues that need to be resolved. We are here to help you navigate the process, ensuring that your rights and interests are protected every step of the way. Give us a call at (978) 225-9030 to set up a confidential consultation with an experienced Massachusetts divorce attorney.
We Provide Comprehensive Divorce Representation in Andover, MA
Each year, many thousands of married couples get divorced in Massachusetts. As common as it is, divorce is always difficult for the person going through it. Not only is it an emotionally-charged process, there are complicated legal and financial considerations that must be handled with the highest degree of care. Our Andover divorce lawyers provide solutions-focused guidance. We want to make sure that your rights are protected and that you are in the best position to secure your future. Some common divorce issues that we have experience with include:
- Physical Custody and Visitation: Physical custody refers to actual possession of a child. When circumstances warrant it, a Massachusetts family court may grant divorcing parents shared physical custody. Alternatively, one parent may be given sole custody. Typically, the non-custodial parent will have a right to ongoing visitation with the child. If you are going through a separation and you have questions about physical custody, contact our Andover divorce lawyers for help.
- Legal Custody: There are actually two separate forms of child custody in Massachusetts. Beyond physical custody, there is also legal custody. A parent with legal custody has decision making authority regarding the child. Parents may be granted shared legal custody even if physical custody is split. Call our Andover child custody attorney for immediate help with your case.
- Child Support: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has generalized child support guidelines in place to determine how much the non-custodial parent should pay. These guidelines can be deviated from (in either direction), but only when circumstances warrant doing so. Call our Andover, MA child support lawyers today for more information about your parental rights.
- Alimony: After a divorce, the spouse who is less well-off financially may be entitled to ongoing payments in the form of alimony. You will also hear alimony referred to as spousal maintenance or spousal support. These are complicated cases. Our Andover divorce lawyer will protect your financial interests.
- Property Division: Massachusetts is an equitable property distribution jurisdiction. In effect, this means that each party to a divorce is entitled to a “fair” split up of the collective marital assets. A 50/50 split may be deemed appropriate. However, an even split is not guaranteed under the law. Call our Andover divorce lawyer for help with a property division matter.
- Military Divorce: When going through a divorce, military couples often face some additional complications. They may have to deal with state residency requirements, federal laws regarding deployments, and/or the division of military benefits. Our Andover, MA military divorce lawyers can help you secure your future.
- Same-Sex Divorce: in 2004, Massachusetts officailly became the first state in the United States to obtain marriage equality. While the laws are now equal, LGBTQ couples still face some unique issues in divorce. Our Andover same-sex divorce attorney can help.
How the Andover Divorce Lawyers at Turco Legal Can Help
Ending a marriage is hard. Even if you know that you are making the right decision, there are still many complex legal, logistical, and emotional issues to address. At Turco Legal, we are here to walk with you every step of the way. Among other things, our Andover, MA divorce attorneys will:
- Hear your story, answer your questions, and explain your options;
- Gather the documents, financial records, and other information you need to move forward;
- Take care of all of the divorce paperwork;
- Advocate for you in divorce settlement negotiations; and
- Devise a legal strategy narrowly tailored to achieve your goals.
Our philosophy and approach in divorce cases is simple: You deserve personalized representation from your Andover family law attorney. With a documented record of testimonials and reviews from our previous clients, you can trust our law firm to handle your case properly.
Contact Our Andover, MA Divorce Attorneys Today
At Turco Legal, our Massachusetts divorce lawyers are compassionate, solutions-focused advocates for our clients. Are you preparing for a divorce in Andover? Our legal team is here to help you find the best path forward. Contact us at (978) 225-9030 to set up your completely confidential initial legal consultation. We represent clients in Andover and throughout all of Essex County.
2 Elm Square, Suite 315
Andover, MA 01810
Phone: (978) 699-0040