Newton Divorce Lawyer
At Turco Legal, our Newton divorce lawyers have the skills, experience, and legal knowledge to help clients navigate complex cases. We understand the importance of amicable, cost effective solutions in divorce cases. At the same time, our team is made up of trial-tested family litigators who are ready to act to protect your rights and interests. For a strictly confidential consultation with a top Massachusetts divorce attorney, please call us at (978) 225-9030 or send us a message online.
We Provide Comprehensive Divorce Representation in Newton, MA
If you and your spouse are preparing for a divorce in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, you are certainly not alone. Approximately 4 in 10 marriages in the United States end in divorce. While divorce may not be rare, going through one is far from easy. Untangling your life from your spouse can be both emotionally and logistically challenging. At Turco Legal, our Newton divorce lawyers work tirelessly to help make this difficult process as smooth as possible for our clients. We can help you with all of the issues related to your separation, including:
- Physical Custody and Visitation: Massachusetts uses the ‘best interests of the child’ standard for child custody and visitation cases. There are actually two different forms of custody in the Commonwealth: physical and legal. Physical custody is possession of a child. Parents may share physical custody or one parent may be granted primary physical custody or even sole physical custody. Call our Newton divorce lawyers today for more information.
- Legal Custody: In contrast to physical custody, legal custody is not about where a child resides on a day-to-day basis. Instead, it is about who has the right to make important decisions—educational, medical, etc.—on behalf of the child. Parents may share legal custody even when physical custody is not shared.
- Child Support: Our Newton, MA divorce lawyers represent both mothers and fathers in child support cases. No matter the specific circumstances surrounding your case, we are here to protect your rights and interests. Among other types of child support disputes, we can help you with negotiating a child support settlement, deviation from the Massachusetts child support guidelines, collection of delinquent child support, and modification of a child support order.
- Alimony: There are four types of alimony (spousal support) in Massachusetts: General term, rehabilitative, reimbursement, and transitional. Which type will be granted depends on the specific circumstances of the case. Though, alimony is not guaranteed in every divorce case in Massachusetts. Call our Newton alimony lawyers for more information.
- Property Division: Massachusetts uses an equitable distribution standard for property division cases. A divorcing couple’s marital property will be split fairly—an even (50/50) split may or may not be granted. Our Newton divorce lawyer has the financial skills that clients can count on in complex property division cases.
- Military Divorce: There are certain factors that make military divorce different from civilian divorce. There may be complex questions about state residency rules, delays due to an active duty deployment, and/or the division of military pensions. Our Newton military divorce attorneys will protect your rights.
- Same-Sex Divorce: In 2004, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts became the first U.S. state to officially recognize same-sex marriage. It took more than a decade, but the entire country has now caught up. Our Newton divorce attorneys have the skills and experience to help LQBTQ couples navigate the unique issues that they may face when ending their marriage.
Our Philosophy and Approach to Divorce in Newton
Getting divorced is never easy. It is normal to be confused or even overwhelmed. At Turco Legal, we are here to help you navigate the emotional, legal, and financial turmoil. When you get in touch with our Newton office, you will be able to work with a Massachusetts divorce attorney who can:
- Conduct a thorough, detailed-focused review of your case;
- Answer your questions and explain your legal rights;
- Gather and prepare the evidence and information you need;
- Represent you in divorce settlement negotiations; and
- Take the appropriate legal action to get you the best outcome.
We do not believe in a one-size-fits-approach to family & divorce cases in Massachusetts. Every person’s circumstances and goals are different. With many client testimonials and reviews, you can rely on our Newton, MA divorce lawyers to handle your case the right way.
Contact Our Newton Divorce Attorneys Today
At Turco Legal, our Massachusetts divorce lawyers are here to help you find the best path forward in your case. If you have any questions about the divorce process, we are available to help. Call us at (978) 225-9030 or contact our firm directly online for a confidential consultation. We provide family and divorce representation in Newton and throughout Middlesex County.
233 Needham Street, Suite 300
Newton, MA 02464
Phone: (857) 270-7200