Boston Divorce Lawyer
At Turco Legal, our Boston divorce lawyers are skilled, effective advocates for our clients. As experienced family law advocates, we can help you navigate all aspects of your divorce case. Our firm puts a focus on helping clients find amicable solutions when possible—but we are also trial-tested litigators who are ready to act aggressively to protect your rights. Call us (978) 225-9030 to arrange a confidential consultation with a top-rated Massachusetts divorce attorney.
We Provide Comprehensive Divorce Representation in Boston, MA
Going through a divorce is deeply challenging. It is an emotionally-draining, logistically-complex process. At Turco Legal, our Boston divorce lawyers are committed to helping clients navigate every aspect of divorce—making sure that the process is as efficient as possible and that our clients’ rights are protected every step of the way. We handle the full spectrum of family law matters in divorce cases in Suffolk County, including:
- Physical Custody and Visitation: Nothing should come between you and your relationship with your kids. We are here to help you understand your custody/visitation rights and to take action to ensure that you are able to maximize your parental time with your children. Our Boston divorce lawyers can help you with both physical custody and child visitation cases.
- Legal Custody: Physical custody is actual possession of a child. In contrast, legal custody is the right to make parental decisions, including on important matters such as education, extracurricular activities, religion, and health care. Legal custody may be split even when one parent gets primary physical custody. Call our Boston divorce attorneys for more information about your child custody rights.
- Child Support: The Commonwealth of Massachusetts has comprehensive child support guidelines in place. These guidelines determine how much the non-custodial parent will be required to pay. Notably, child support is based, largely, on parental income. Though there is a presumption against doing so, Massachusetts can deviate from the standard child support guidelines when good cause is shown.
- Alimony: Alimony is a payment from one spouse to another following a divorce. There are four different types of alimony in Massachusetts: General term, rehabilitative, reimbursement, and transitional. Which types of alimony (if any) will be awarded depends entirely on the specific circumstances of the case.
- Property Division: Massachusetts operates under an equitable property division standard for divorce cases. Each spouse is entitled to receive their fair share of the marital assets. Working out a property division settlement can be deeply challenging, especially for divorcing couples with a high net worth. Our Boston divorce lawyers have financial knowledge that you can rely on in a complex property division case.
- Military Divorce: While military divorces share many similarities with civilian divorces, there are also some important differences. There may be unique issues that need to be worked out related to state residency, military deployment, child custody, and the division of military benefits. Call our Boston divorce attorneys today for help with your military separation.
- Same-Sex Divorce: In 2004, Massachusetts became the first jurisdiction in the United States to reach marriage equality. It took another 12 years for same-sex marriage to be recognized across the entire United States. Although the laws have been equalized, there can still be some differences in practices. Our Boston family lawyers have the skills and experience to protect the rights and interests of clients in LGBTQ divorce cases.
You Can Rely On the Boston Divorce Attorneys at Turco Legal
If you are preparing for divorce, it is normal to be stressed out or even overwhelmed. At Turco Legal, we are dedicated to helping people navigate the legal process—with a focus on ensuring that their rights and best interests are protected. Among other things, our Boston divorce lawyers will:
- Listen to your story and answer your questions;
- Explain everything you need to know about the Massachusetts divorce laws;
- Gather the documents, records, and other information you need to move forward;
- Advocate for you in settlement negotiations with your former partner; and
- Devise a legal strategy focused on helping you achieve your goals.
We will put in the time, energy, legal resources, and attention to detail to handle your case the right way. With many testimonials and reviews from clients, our Boston, MA divorce lawyers are standing by, ready to get started on your family law case today.
Schedule a Confidential Consultation With a Boston Divorce Attorney
At Turco Legal, our Massachusetts divorce attorneys handle each and every case with the highest degree of care, sensitivity, and professional skill. If you are preparing for a marital separation, we can help. Call us now at (978) 225-9030 or connect with us to schedule a confidential family law consultation. We handle divorce cases in Boston and throughout Suffolk County.
50 Congress Street, Suite 420
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (617) 657-4878