Newburyport Family Law Attorney
At Turco Legal, our Newburyport family law attorneys are experienced, effective advocates for people and families throughout Essex County. We are focused on helping our clients find the best possible outcome in their case. If you are locked in a family law dispute, our legal team is more than happy to help. To set up a confidential consultation with a Massachusetts family lawyer, please call us at (978) 225-9030 or reach out to us directly online.
We Provide Comprehensive Law Representation in Newburyport, MA
Even when both spouses agree that it is the right decision, going through a divorce is one of the most challenging things a person can do. We provide comprehensive divorce representation in Newburyport, Massachusetts. Our divorce lawyers have the skills and experience to assist you with:
- Physical Custody and Visitation: Divorced/separated parents may split physical possession of a child. If you have any questions about physical custody and visitation, our Newburyport family lawyers can help.
- Business Valuation: A comprehensive business valuation is a must for business owners going through a divorce.
- Legal Custody: Massachusetts uses the best interests of the child standard for legal custody cases. If you have any questions about legal custody, our Newburyport child custody attorneys can help.
- Child Support: Our Newburyport child support lawyers represent parents in all types of cases, including child support negotiations, collection of delinquent support, and child support modifications.
- Alimony: Following a divorce in Newburyport, the financially-disadvantaged partner may be entitled to alimony (spousal support). This issue is handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Property Division: For married couples, dividing property and assets is rarely easy. Our Newburyport divorce lawyers have the financial and legal knowledge that you can rely on.
- Military Divorce: Our Newburyport family law attorneys have the skills and experience to handle military divorce cases.
- Same-Sex Divorce: While marriage equality is now a reality in the entire country, same-sex couples still face certain unique challenges in the divorce process.
- Modifications: After a divorce, life changes quickly, and the orders you received regarding child custody, child support, alimony, and other issues will almost certainly need to be modified in the future. This is where a Newburyport divorce modification attorney can come in handy.
- Stubborn Spouse: Getting divorced is even more difficult when you have a stubborn or otherwise unreasonable spouse. While a stubborn spouse can often derail the mediation process, there may still be a path forward.
- College Expenses Disputes: It is not uncommon for separated parents to get locked in disputes over college expenses. Our Newburyport mediation attorneys can help you work toward the right solutions.
- Child Custody Disputes: No parent wants to put their child in the middle of a conflict. These cases are often well-suited for mediation. Our Newburyport mediation lawyers have extensive experience with custody and visitation cases.
- Marital Home Issue: One of the most challenging aspects of a property division case is deciding what to do with the marital home. Our Newburyport mediation attorneys can help you and your former partner work towards a solution.
- Conduct a comprehensive, confidential review of your family law case;
- Answer questions, explain your rights, and explain your options;
- Gather the documents, records, and information you need to move forward; and
- Devise a personalized strategy focused on helping you get outcome to which you are entitled
Divorce cases and other family law disputes are often well-suited for mediation. A form of non-binding alternative dispute resolution (ADR) that emphasizes collaborative negotiation, mediation can help people work towards an agreement outside of court. Some issues that can be resolved in mediation in Newburyport include:
Our law firm puts an emphasis on helping clients work towards amicable solutions in family law cases. The vast majority of clients desire an efficient, low-conflict settlement. That being said, an agreement is not possible in every divorce and family law case. As our Newburyport family lawyers are trial-tested, we are always prepared to litigate your case.
A legal adoption can be a wonderful way to add to your family. As the adoption process is complicated, it is generally best to work with an experienced professional. Our Newburyport adoption lawyer can help you and your family with the full range of cases, including private adoption, step-parent adoptions, and international adoptions.
How the Newburyport Family Attorneys at Turco Legal Can Help
Family law disputes are complicated. You are not alone. At Turco Legal, we are here to guide you through the legal process—so that you are in the best possible position to achieve your desired outcome. Among other things, our Newburyport family law attorneys are prepared to:
We put a strong emphasis on the importance of planning and preparation. We will put forward the time and resources to understand your case and your goals. With client testimonials and reviews, you can rely on our Newburyport family law attorneys for top level legal representation.
Call Our Newburyport Family Lawyers for Immediate Help
At Turco Legal, our Massachusetts family law attorneys are skilled, solutions-driven advocates for our clients. If you have any questions or concerns about a family law case, we are here to help. Contact us at (978) 225-9030 for a strictly confidential initial consultation. We provide family law representation in Newburyport and throughout the surrounding communities in Essex County.
29 Water Street #301
Newburyport, MA 01950
Phone: (978) 225-9030